Started in 2017, Mums@PLAY is a platform that brings mums together, “mompreneurs” in particular, who run small businesses mostly from home, offering them an opportunity and a common space to talk about their products or service through bazaars, and empowering them through workshops that are based on various topics related to managing their businesses.
Mums@PLAY Events consist of friendly one-day bazaars, weekly pop-ups and business workshops. Our bazaars are held in the vibrant and spacious venues attracting a dedicated footfall of 200+ people. Our events have a good mix of vendor stalls selling hand-made and ethically sourced products ranging from clothing, jewellery, accessories, personalised stationery, fair trade toys, essential oils and even services like party planners, nutritionists and more.
Over the years our events have received good support through local media and magazines like Expat Parent, Southside, Expat Living, Time Out and on online portals The HK Hub, Little Steps and Sassy Mama- to name a few.
Our event visitors who are our biggest supporters are inherently Hong Kong women, mums in particular, who attend the bazaar to shop, wine, dine along with their friends. In the past our bazaars have been held in Cyberport, Central, Causeway Bay, Sheung Wan and consist of local restaurants, co-working spaces, learning centres wo do well with our support and the traffic that we generate. The atmosphere at our events is casual and relaxed and our guests tend to spend a couple of hours browsing through the stalls, entertaining their toddlers at the play area or just general networking.
We also offer to host market fairs for corporates.
- Hand-picked small group of vendors offering high quality of products and services targeted at families and children in particular.
- Bazaar combined with networking opportunities with like-minded people.
- Themed events and activities organised during the bazaar for mums and kids.
- Unique social venue – a friendly casual dining restaurant.
- Reasonable cost of tables – attracting mum vendors who work on small budgets and who need a forum to talk about their business.
- Helping vendors build long-term relationships with customers.
- Pre-event meeting to help vendors know each other and get comfortable with the venue.
- Close-knit vendor group for working and social events.
- Support group and business coaching for our vendor community.,
Mums@PLAY – as the name suggests is a place to have fun while at work!
Passion, Love, Sincerity, Positivity and Team Spirit – are some of the values that drive us to make this event a success and is something that we look for in potential vendors too.
Founder – Mehroo Turel
Mehroo founded Mums@PLAY in 2017 which started as a platform for small businesses to showcase their brands and then grew into a beautiful community of like-minded women entrepreneurs who need a hand to hold while growing their business.
A Professional Certified Coach by International Coach Federation (ICF-PCC), a Mental Fitness Coach and a Board member of ICF Hong Kong, Mehroo has over 500+ hours of experience coaching individuals from all walks of life.
Being an entrepreneur, a community builder and a mother, she focuses on coaching high-potential Women Leaders, enabling them to find their inner strength and confidence, empowering them to lead a balanced, successful and a highly fulfilling life. Based on her own work and experience, Mehroo has written a short guide ‘7 Simple Steps to Unlock your Powerful Personal Brand,’ which caters to finding your inner strength and be able to inspire others with your own story.
Follow me at Linkedin